Friday, May 20, 2011

Then yours wasn't a really good school. Now at ours they had at the end of the bill. French, music, and washing.

I wake up everyday as close to 8 as I possibly can, rush around getting ready for school, grab a couple pieces of baguette with confiture and run out the door to start my half an hour walk to l'école. School in France is different than anything I've experienced in the U.S. of A. Now I don't know if that is because I'm in a specialized school strictly for teaching French to international students or if it's just a French thing, but I quite like it.

Class starts promptly at 8:45. My class is full of students from all over the world. There is a boy from Italy, a girl from London, a nice lady from Denver, a couple of Japanese students, also, a girl from a country I can't remember the name of and if I did, wouldn't be able to pronounce it anyway. We all sit around a large table and talk about our days then do a couple worksheets. Then half way through our allotted 3 hours of class time we take a 15 minute break. During which I run down to a sweet little pâtisserie around the corner and buy a croissant. Delicious. Afterward it's time for another hour and a half worth of worksheet and conjugations. At precisely 12:00 class is dismissed and we are giving the rest of the day to do with what we wish.

Once a week I stay after with two other students for an hour to work with the professor from UVU. We go over the final test, which counts for 20% of my grade. No need to fear though my friends, I don't need to think much when it comes to answers for this exam, because Dave (my UVU professor) gives me them to me and then asks--as if we actually know--"is that right?".  I jot them down and there we go. I got an "A" on the test without even thinking about it. Seems slightly sketchy, but he's sweet and just wants us to do well. It's a nice little school and I have learned a lot about France and the other countries of the students we're in class with. The language it still a little tricky, but I'm getting there. 5 more weeks should help.

The building that my school is in.

The table where I attempt to learn French.

A tour of my school.

I miss you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment